Summer is definitely the time of doctor’s and dentist’s appointments. In fact, many of the appointments that are needed for yearly dental care are scheduled months in advance so that children can get in while they are out of school for the summer. For more complicated procedures like wisdom tooth removal and tooth replacement, however, these appointments need to be scheduled as needed.
Whether you are going in for a routine cleaning appointment or you are working on scheduling a wisdom tooth evaluation, it is always important to keep these important appointments. Our smiles serve as a window to the world and often help us make the very first impression on coworkers, friends, family, and future acquaintances. If you do not make an effort to take regular care of your teeth you might regret it later. And while many of us are very good about making sure that we take our children to the appointments that are required of them while they are young, too many of us ignore the dental care that we need when we are older.
Dental Implants and Tooth Extractions Help Many People Keep Their Very Best Smile
When was the last time that you were able to feel great about your smile? If you are not in the habit of getting the routine dental care that helps you have a great smile, you may be someone who hides their smile when they are in a crowd. Likewise, it is important to make sure that you take care of other adult dental issues as they are needed. From tooth implants to other kinds of dental surgery, it is important that you care for your teeth as instructed.
Consider these facts and figures about the dental industry and impact that it has on the economy of the nation and the
- An estimated 10 million wisdom teeth are extracted from 5 million people in the U.S. every year, according to the American Public Health Association.
- Nearly one of every three people indicate that they are “concerned by the look of their teeth”
- As many as 15 million people in the U.S. have crown and bridge replacements for missing teeth.
- A number that is growing by a half a million a year, 3 million people have dental implants in any given 12 month period.
- An estimated 3.75% of adults between the ages of 20 and 64 have no remaining teeth.
- Wisdom tooth removal costs approximately $3 billion annually in the U.S., according to the American Public Health Association reports.
Summer may be the time when many school aged children go in for their regular yearly dental cleanings, but any time is the right time to call your dentist for the emergency work or cosmetic dental procedures you may need to make sure your smile keeps you looking your best.