Tooth extractions are rarely fun, but with the right dentists they can be easier to handle.
From pediatric dentists to family dentists who specialize in implants, there are many places where you can get the best oral care that you need. Whether you are looking for tooth extractions that will not be as painful as you fear or you are in search of a place for the best root canals, it is important that you are able to work with a dentist that you can trust.
Everyone knows that in addition to getting the regular check ups that you need, a dental appointment also offers the best way to make sure that you are looking your best when you want to make a great impression. Interviews for jobs, dates with a new flame, even meetings with a work committee are always times when you want to have a killer smile. These smiles, of course, do not just happen, they are a product of regular dental appointments and great oral habits.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the many reasons that you want to make sure that you are your entire family are able to have the BEST SMILE:
- Between the ages of 35 and 44, 69% of adults have lost one or more permanent teeth.
- Even though we all know that we should go to the dentist, a recent survey by the American Association of Endodontists indicated that 67% of U.S. adults say their fear of pain most concerns them about having a root canal.
- Statistics show that nearly 1 in 25 people are dental-phobic, which means that are scared of having someone work on their teeth.
- Teeth grinding, or bruxism, is a common sleep condition which affects 10% of adults and as many as 15% of children.
- Survey results from the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD), 99.7% of adults believes a healthy smile is socially important.
- Millions of people in the U.S. have dental implants. In fact, 3 million currently have implants, but that number is growing by 500,000 each year.
- In today’s world, 46% of adults 30 years or older show early signs of gum disease. In comparison, severe gum disease affects about 9% of adults.
- Losing your permanent teeth is a cosmetic problem. Unfortunately, 26% of adults older than 74 have lost all of their permanent teeth.
- Estimates indicate that 42% of children between the ages of two and 11 years old have had caries in their primary teeth, according to the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research.
Today’s dentist appointment can lead to the BEST SMILE ever, so it is important to make sure that you get in the habit of making and keeping regular dental appointments. Although tooth extractions may be painful. it is important to remember that you can also get many other less painful services at your dentist’s office.