It was probably only a matter of time until both adult and pediatric orthodontists began offering their patients clear braces. In fact, in a time when there is such an emphasis put on appearances, the use of invisible braces for kids and adults was inevitable. Not only do we want to look our very best, we want to look good while we are in the process of making any changes. From beauty salons to cosmetic dentists, in fact, there are literally hundreds of ways we can look our very best.
And while there are many ways that you can try to improve the way that you look, few things have as much of an impact as a great smile. Not surprising, clear braces are only one of the latest advancements in cosmetic dentistry. In fact, the first braces were designed clear back in the year 1728. At that time braces consisted of a flat piece of metal connected to the teeth by thread. Orthodontic brackets were finally invented in 1915. Like many things in the world that we live, the metal used to make braces was first made by NASA. Imagine, then the excitement when this new metal which was developed for space was put to use to help people get their very best smile.
Are You Getting Ready to Start the Process of Wearing Braces?
Although a far greater majority are used to seeing a dentist than an orthodontist, there are more and more people who are wearing braces, even as adults, to make sure that they have a chance to get a GREAT SMILE:
- Going to the dentist on a regular basis is obviously the first step toward making sure that you have a great smile. Many times, however, patients need more than a regular check up to make certain that they look their best.
- Research indicates that as many as 99% of people thing that a great smile helps you make a great first impression.
- Every time you meet a person you have a chance to greet that person with a smile and make a great first impression.
- A trip to see the orthodontist for the first time includes xrays and lots of pictures. These images are then computerized to see how the progression to a better smile will take place.
- The most important thing that needs to happen after wearing braces is making sure that patients follow through with the instructions for wearing a retainer.
- Statistics show that nearly 25% of orthodontic patients have to get braces again because they did not wear their retainers as instructed.
- Many dentists offer their services to patients for regular check ups, but only 6% of dentists are orthodontists.
- Invisible braces, which are basically clear braces that you change out once every two weeks, are an increasingly popular option for adults who are looking for a way to straighten their teeth.
- Looking great can help you feel more confident, both in a social setting and a work setting.
- Everyone wants to be successful when they are at work, at feeling confident is the first step in finding that success.