Dental offices can cover a wide variety of dentists. They can be orthodontists, cosmetic dentists, or just simply a general dentist. A variety of dental work can be done as well at dental offices. Today there are a variety of orthodontic options available, thanks to continuing research in orthodontics. An orthodontist is a dentist who completed the American Dental Association accredited graduate program and focusing on orthodontics.
Some general facts about the finds in dental offices:
* Dr. Paul Keyes found that tooth decay was caused by bacteria called Streptococcus Mutans
* Teeth are unique like fingerprints and even identical twins do not have the same teeth
* Gingivitis is a form of gum disease. It is reversible and preventable
* 85% of people with halitosis (bad breath) have dental issues that cause the problem
* The average toothbrush has 25 thousand bristles in 40 groups of tufts
* 100 years ago half of adults in North American were toothless
* Today, fewer than 10% of adults over 65 have lost teeth
* In 2010, 60% of adults 18-64 made a dental visit in the past year
* Sesame seeds can reduce plaque and help build tooth enamel, as well as having calcium
Learn more at this link.