Young kids, a demanding job or a busy schedule, may occupy your time until when you get a nagging symptom reminding you that it’s been a long time since you visited a dentist.
Always observe for these signs and symptoms that tell you when you should find a dentist. By 2012, there were over 146,800 dentists in the United States, meaning that it’s impossible to miss professional dental services.
• Gums bleeding after brushing your teeth
If you see blood on your teeth or in the sink, then this should inform you that you might be having the periodontal disease- bleeding of the gums.
This is an infection to the tissues around your gum. If left untreated, the disease can cause complete loss of the tooth and bone. You should observe signs like tender, swollen or red gums, discharge between teeth and gum.
This seems pretty much obvious. Repeated toothaches should not be ignored at any cost. Pain may be a sign of a particular cause: having a broken tooth, grinding your teeth, presence of a cavity.
The pain may be brought about by swelling in your mouth, face, or neck. A dentist will quickly and correctly diagnose and determine the reason behind the pain and advise you accurately on how to avoid a future occurrence.
• You have difficulty eating
Are you experiencing pain while swallowing food? This is not normal. Eat soft or food that is in liquid form then decide to visit a dentist. Sometimes you may find yourself too sensitive to taking hot or cold drinks and meals. It may be caused by mainly the enamel is corroded by bacteria.
• Having jaw pain
If you are experiencing pain in your jaws, especially when opening and closing your mouth, make an appointment with the dentist. In case your tooth has been knocked out, leading to a permanent loss, it is good to visit a dentist for proper evaluation.
• Check your mouth for a Loose or shifting teeth
An adult set of teeth should serve the entire lifetime. In case you notice movement and widening gaps in your collection of teeth, then it may be a sign of infection or loss of a bone. Off course a loose tooth is something healthy to a six-year-old.
Gum disease is the leading cause of a loose tooth. Having a loose tooth may be a sign of oral cancer. You should also observe how your teeth fit when you chew food.
For those whose teeth are not aligned and straightened, can use Invisalign, which is the most tooth-friendly option in the market. Its benefits include:
1. Clear in color and lacks brackets and wires, giving you the confidence to work, eat and freely mingle with others without any worry wearing a big smile on your face.
2. Comfortable when worn. It is more convenient than traditional metal braces. This is due to the smooth plastic material that makes it.
3. It enhances cleanliness. The trays are removable and are cleaned when removed, thus boosting mouth hygiene. It also requires lesser checkup times by the dentist hence saving you time.
4. Beautiful white teeth. After the recommended period of days of using the Invisalign, the teeth become straightened and white.
5. No food restriction. This is perhaps the best of them all. Having teeth straighteners in your mouth comes with food restrictions. Most of the favorite foods are off-limits. However, this is a non- issue with Invisalign since you can eat any food you wish when you have it in your mouth
6. Invisalign has fewer limitations to the athletes. Most sportsmen and women avoid wearing metal braces. This is because taking a blow or kick while wearing a metal brace might be painful and probably cause damage to the teeth.
On the other hand, with Invisalign, you can remove the aligners during practice or game time and keep them safely away and return them after playing. Braces are non-removable.
However, braces are known to move misaligned teeth in a shorter period than Invisalign.
It is advisable to have a dental checkup regularly even when no symptoms being observed. It helps prevent problems that would have come up and also eliminating symptoms for any infection.