School is out and the summer appointments are scheduled. In addition to sports physicals and eye appointments, you also have scheduled checkups and cleanings at your family dental office. The kids always complain, but it takes time to make it all of the way through these appointments. And every doctor, dentist, and optometrist appointment that you take care of over the summer is one appointment that does not require any time missed from school. You were especially glad that you were able to get the family dental appointments scheduled because as it turned out two of your three kids had cavities that required follow up visits.
Regular Check Ups and Cosmetic Dental Services Are Regular Parts of Many Family Health Budgets
From regular teeth cleaning to braces, it is important to make sure that you take the time to make and keep appointments. In a time when Americans are living longer and longer it should come as no surprise that there are more people who are looking at both regular dentist appointments and cosmetic dentist appointments to keep their teeth both healthy and attractive.
A healthy smile is not only a sign of someone who keeps their regular dental appointments, it is also a major confidence booster. In fact, as many as 99.7% of people who were surveyed agreed that having a healthy smile is socially important, according to a survey conducted by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD). In addition, the AACD also found that more than 50% of adults over the age of 50 agree that our smile remains our most attractive feature as we grow older.
- Statistics from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC)indicate that approximately 64% of adults between the ages of 18 and 64 had a dental visit between 2014 and 2015.
- Unless you make your appointments early, it is often difficult to get in to see the dentist during the summer months when kids are out of school.
- Many habits, like brushing your teeth and going to the dentist on a regular basis are a result of the habits that your parents had.
- Making their dental appointments a priority, approximately 127.6 million U.S. adults in the year 2017 visited a dentist.
- Estimates from 2017 indicate that 39.09 million Americans used tooth whiteners that year.
- Research from 2015 indicated that 20% of U.S. adults stated they suffered from anxiety due to the condition of their teeth and mouth.
- Spending on cosmetic dentistry is nearly $2.75 billion each year, according to the AACD.
- Males make up 33% of the cosmetic dentistry patients and females make up 66%.
- Instead of being embarrassed about your smile, maybe it is time to make sure that you get to a dentist and see what can be done to help you feel better about your smile and how you look.
- Looking good not only helps you socially, it also helps you be more successful in your career. In fact, A survey conducted by the AACD found that 74% of adults feel that an unattractive smile can hurt their career success.
- Every day that you avoid making a dental appointment is a day wasted helping you get to a look that will make you feel good about yourself.
A SUMMER SMILE is more than an indication that school is out for the year. It is also a representation of the fact that a family makes and keeps regular appointments with their family dental office.