Graduating from a dental college is only half of the journey towards becoming a dental professional. Continuing your education is not only important towards acquiring your license, but it can be a critical part of starting your career. Live clinic training offers hands-on dental training, and it is something that can offer a range of benefits, many of which new grads might not consider.
The Benefits Of Live Clinic Training
- License Renewal. Possibly one of the biggest reasons for taking live clinic training is the number of credits needed for the renewal of your license. While each state is different, it’s important to know what the guidelines are so that nothing goes pear-shaped when you apply for a renewal. If the specifics aren’t met, it could be possible to lose your license which could detrimentally impact your career and reputation.
- Team Building. Live clinic training is also beneficial towards all staff and students involved. Yearly seminars can help instill better team-building skills, and allow everyone to grow as dental professionals. Seminars like this help everyone involved to better comprehend the field and learn the newest tricks of the trade.
- Real-World Experience. Some things you just can’t get from online or classroom courses. Live training courses can help you learn the newest skills, or refresh your memory of things you may not have used in a while. These courses can also be used to gain certifications that you might not have been offered while in dental school. These can include nitrous oxide and anesthetic administration, or laser certifications. During live training, you can gain real-world experience practicing and performing these skills, all while gaining valuable feedback and instruction.
- New Ideas. While taking a live clinic training course you will also have the option to learn from different people who may have new ideas that could benefit you in your practice. This can not only help you improve your own methods, but it can help you develop better ways to care for your patients. You never know what amazing insights you can walk away with when you attend a live training session.
- Networking. No matter if your a new grad or you’ve been in the practice for decades, live training can present you with a great opportunity for networking. This can lead to new professional partnerships or brand new work opportunities. Connections like this cannot be understated, as they can be the boost you need to take your practice to the next level.
Whether you are a new grad or you’ve been in the practice for decades, live clinic training is a valuable training tool that you should take advantage of. Not only can it be a requirement, but it can help boost your career, brush up on new techniques, and build partnerships with other professionals and your team. If you are a dental professional, see what classes or seminars take place near you, and consider taking advantage of this amazing opportunity.