When it comes to patients who are anxious about going to the dentist, you just never know what it will take to put someone at ease. From over the earphones to a Portuguese speaking dentist, more and more dental offices are making sure that they have many things in place to help their customers have the best experience every time that they come in for an appointment.
From regular cleaning appointments to professional teeth whitening appointments, an increasing number of dental professionals understand the importance of making it easy for patients to return on a regular basis. Young and old alike, though, sometimes find themselves fearing these important appointments. For this reason, it is common to see an office implement several things to make sure that customers are at ease when they come for an appointment. And while some offices offer sedation dentistry to make even the simplest appointments bearable for those patients who are most afraid, it is even more common for offices to staff a Portuguese speaking dentist or other staff people who can offer language assistance.
Finding a Local Dentist Is an Important Part of Moving to an New City
For many families who move to a new city, the first thing they do after selecting a school district and a home is look for a doctor and a dentist. Knowing that you have someone to take your family to for regular dental appointments is important if you want to help your children develop great oral hygiene habits. Consider some of these facts and figures about the dental industry and the impact that it has on the nation’s economy:
- 82.5% of patients indicated that they saw a noticeable difference after having their teeth whitened by a dentist.
- 25% of American adults indicate that they avoid smiling because of the poor condition of their teeth and mouth.
- 83% of children between the ages of two and 17 visited the dentist in the year 2014, according to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
- Going to the dentist as adults, however, is a little less frequent. In fact, the CDC reports that in the year 2014 only 2% of adults between the ages of 18 and 64 visited the dentist.
- Across the world, 60% to 90% of school-age children and nearly 100% of adults have dental cavities.
- 74% of adults indicate that they feel an unattractive smile can hurt their career success.
Being comfortable at your dentist will likely increase the chance that you make and keep all of the necessary appointments. Whether you need an office with a Portuguese speaking dentist or you need a dentist that offers sedation services, it is important that you find the right office so that you can be in the best position to have great oral hygiene for you and everyone in your family.